It doesn’t matter if you are a single rider, a family, or even a large group; we have a ride for you. We have trail horses for every level of rider, from the first timer to the seasoned equestrian; we have a horse to fit your needs. We serve the greater Phoenix and surrounding communities for everyone’s horseback trail riding needs.
- Reservations are strongly recommended and may be booked online using the BOOK YOUR RIDE button on the top right. Please make your reservation at least a 24 hours ahead of time. Sometimes we can schedule your ride the same day, so give us a call regardless.
- All rides are guided by experienced wranglers. Please do not separate from the wranglers.
- All rides are walk-trot within the Gila River Indian Reservation.
- Our weight limits are based on height-weight ratios, but are not exact. Generally the maximum weight is 250 lbs up to 6 feet tall and 275 lbs for the folks over 6 feet tall. You must be able to manage and handle your own weight, loading yourself from the ground onto the horse with little assistance from our staff.
- Minors should be accompanied by a parent or legal court appointed guardian and be a minimum age to ride of 6 years old with the required waiver form completed.
- Riding helmets (which are highly recommended) are available for those who choose to wear them. We request that all children under the age of 17 use the provided head gear.
- Youngsters ride by themselves (we may lead their horse if an issue arises on the ride depending on their size and ability). We do not double ride or allow riders under the age of 6 years.
- We recommend wearing jeans, closed-toed shoes, and long sleeves for your own comfort and safety. Layering of clothing works best.
- Rides can be scheduled throughout the day based on length of ride and availability.
- All riders must have a complete waiver form. Children must have their waivers completed by the parent or legal court appointed guardian prior to ride. Adults and Children may not ride if a waiver has not been completed.
- Once you have been mounted on a horse, we need to have your remain on that horse until the ride returns to the center. All riders need to remain with their group, so please do not separate from the wranglers.
- We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- We abide by the Arizona Revised Statues – Ride at Own Risk A.R.S 12-553 (1994) law. You can find out more information on this by checking out our Terms & Conditions page.
The typical ride begins after some instruction from the wrangler, and then you’ll saddle up to begin the ride… Our wranglers love taking people on this ride along some of the more spectacular desert trails.
Our horse trail riding guided tours can be tailored specifically to fit your Arizona horseback riding needs whether your own private ride or our group ride. We do not do “head to tail” riding. This gives the opportunity for a more personalized tour and the ability to ask questions and discuss what you are seeing with your guide. Arizona horseback riding is our specialty, so come on out and treat yourself and your family to the Phoenix horseback riding vacation of your dreams, it’s rich in native history.
Please note WE DO NOT RUN our horses due to the desert terrain and ground burrowing animals for the riders, and horses safety. Once riders demonstrate their ability to our staff, we MAY (not guaranteed) work pace up to light trot ONLY. The ride will be at the weakest link’s ability. You must listen to and remain with our staff at all times.
To enjoy horseback riding, go early in the cool morning air, or later in the day to enjoy the sunset. Please make sure you are hydrated, as you might not be use to our extremely dry weather of Arizona. Our friendly, experienced cowgirls and cowboys will mount you up on one of our gentle trail riding horses. There’s plenty of time on this casual ride for pictures as our guides lead you through the mesquite trees, Prickly Pear and many other desert plants, shrubs and cacti.